Friday, February 18, 2011

What is it?

My latest outing to the little collectible store I habitually hit Wednesday's after work only netted one treasure this go round. Can you tell what it is? 


I'm drawn to the quirky, what can I say. For those who didn't figure it out, it's an old twist or turnkey bell (and it still works...a nice little bonus!). A former owner somewhere along the line mounted it on wood, making it perfect for sticking on a shelf.  I'm debating about refinishing the wood mount in a black distressed finish...maybe changing out the base as well. I'm not touching the hardware itself as I think it's "way cool" as is.

On a separate excursion, I found this tray that'll work nicely in my kitchen. It was made in Italy and the artwork is very similar to the pieces of Queen's Hookers Fruit print dishes I have scattered about the kitchen.




I have a 3-day weekend, courtesy of Presidents Washington and Lincoln. With high school baseball in full swing, I won't see much of my Head Coach hubby, so I have hopes of getting a project or two underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you know all people smile in the same language? I love hearing from you (smiles and all)!