Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine Cupcakes...

Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend! It's gorgeous weather here today, a far cry from that cold weather we've been having. The sunshine warms both the body and soul!

Remember my post a week or so ago on the "funky" little cupcake holder I bought?  With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I thought I'd bake some cupcakes and try out the new holder. I found a recipe on 
GoAskKatie.comRecipes http://goaskkatie.blogspot.com/2011/02/lemon-cupcakes-recipe.html that looked interesting. I thought it was a bit odd the recipe didn't call for baking powder or baking soda and figured they probably wouldn't rise like I'm used to. Once baking was complete, my hunch was right...the texture/weight is more like a muffin than a cupcake. I haven't sampled one yet, so who am I to judge (I'll report that later!). Moving right along...cupcakes baked, iced, and placed in the holder. But wait, I'm one short, HUH!!?????? I checked the counter and the pan to make sure I hadn't missed one...NOTHING! So then I begin to count...everyone knows there's 12 slots for cupcakes in a standard muffin tin, check!. Number of slots on the holder, 13. 13, #%*&^!!@!!!, REALLY? The man that designed the holder must have the same mindset as the guys who decided the number of hotdogs in a package would be different than the number of hotdog buns (I say "man" because that's a boo boo a woman just wouldn't make!  ;) Sooooo, with alittle improv, the top "cupcake-less" slot was filled with candy. Ya live and learn.



5 comments:

  1. That turned out to be very useful!

    Well, we won't go there about guys designing gal stuff! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, stopped by and wanted to tell you how beautiful your blog is! I will continue to visit! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks for coming by Shelly! I'll be following your blog as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure you counted right? Usually when I'm missing something like a cupcake it's because Matt helped himself to one. Just saying, keep an eye on dad!

    http://pinchdashandsprinkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thought Kristi, but having tasted one of the cupcakes myself, I'm definitely sure no one would sneak one (not even dad). This recipe definitely WAS NOT a keeper.

    ReplyDelete

Did you know all people smile in the same language? I love hearing from you (smiles and all)!