Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Life Walk

While driving to work early one morning this week, I happened to glance out the window and saw a mother and her young son on the sidewalk. The young boy was probably 20 feet ahead of his mother, going as fast as his chubby toddler legs would take him. He had the most joyful look of independence on his little face. And then, he paused briefly and looked back at his mother, whose watchful eyes had not wandered from her child. She too had a look of joy and parental pride on her face. That brief instant captured me...I have walked that same path (metaphorically speaking). I realized this same scenario plays out over and over for us all, whether it be parent and child, teacher and student, supervisor and employee, siblings, spouses, friends. We yearn for independence, yet need the reassurance of knowing that someone who cares for us, is ever watchful and just a few steps behind. I continued in thought, and further realized this is what our God does for each one of us, every day of our lives, AMAZING! Let us all walk this path.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you know all people smile in the same language? I love hearing from you (smiles and all)!