Saturday, February 4, 2012

"Hurry Up" Comfort Food...

The weather will be turning chilly in my neck of the woods later today...don't know about you, but when the temperature dips, nothing warms my soul more than a piping hot bowl of soup or stew! Thought I'd share a very quick and delish recipe for Chicken & Dumplin' Soup. Not only is it tasty, but it comes together in a flash. Rather than the canned vegetables, I use a **bag of frozen soup vegetables plus a handful or two of frozen green beans, *frozen, oven-roasted, diced chicken rather than cooking/shredding the chicken breasts (makes prep even faster), and add minced fresh Italian Parsley. My hubby and I love this yummy dish!

1 (10 3/4 oz) can Cream of Chicken Soup
4 c chicken broth
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded*
2 (15 oz) cans mixed vegetables**
12 oz tube refrigerated biscuits, quartered
Optional black pepper to taste.

Combine soup and broth in a 6-quart stockpot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking until smooth. Stir in chicken and vegetables; bring to a boil. Drop biscuit quarters into soup; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Let soup sit 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle each serving with pepper, if desired. Serves 6 to 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you know all people smile in the same language? I love hearing from you (smiles and all)!