Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thankful, tired, & soon-to-be Retired!

Whew, the past month has been a blur! My daughter and grandson spent the last 3-weeks with us. My husband flew to a SC destination where our daughter met him and they proceeded to make the long drive to Texas. We enjoyed their visit SO much! I quickly remembered how much energy a 7-month old requires...I must get in shape to be a Nana! Coincidently, I'll soon have more time to focus on fitness and domestic projects because....I'm retiring!!! My employer offered eligible employees the opportunity to retire as a way to help address projected budget constraints (the caveat being retirement must occur by August 31st). Needless to say, retirement came a bit earlier than anticipated, but all the pieces just fell into place. So amid the joy of family festivities, I hustled to submit retirement paperwork. August 4th, I joined my daughter and grandson for the drive back to their home. I kick myself for not taking photos of her vehicle...it just may have set a new Guiness Book of World Records for the most stuff CRAMMED into a mid-sized SUV :))). Day 1 ended in Texarkana; Day 2 in Memphis, TN where my grandson was introduced to more family; Day 3...Memphis, TN to New Bern, NC. Let me tell you, that was a LOT of hours in a car, but  fun nonetheless! I was able to spend a few days at my daughters' then flew home August 9th. Life in the fast lane...gotta love it!

Until next time, take care...Along the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you know all people smile in the same language? I love hearing from you (smiles and all)!