Friday, January 20, 2012

Bench Redo...

I picked up a cute little bench a few weeks ago at a local thrift shop for under $5. It was in good condition, but a bit tattered from life (aren't we all !!!). I'd been bouncing back and forth trying to decide on a new color and fabric and finally just went for it. But before undertaking the project, I tryed a vinegar and oil solution tip I found on Pinterest to restore wood. I included pictures that show what the piece looked like before I applied the solution and after. I gotta tell you, I almost considered not redoing the piece after applying...it looked that much better! I even used the solution on the fabric and it improved as well. The solution does smell a bit "stinkly" though!


Since I bought the piece with the intention of experimenting with refinishing a project, the redo eventually won over. Here's the finished result...

I spray painted the piece with my new best friend (Oil Rubbed Bronze...see my "Light it up" post) and recovered the cushion in a faux leather. Those experienced in furniture refinishing can probably attest the piece is not perfect, but I'm pleased with it! Now on to the next project!!!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done! Looks beautiful! You accomplished your goal for certain!

    ReplyDelete

Did you know all people smile in the same language? I love hearing from you (smiles and all)!